Pistachios are tasty and full of nutrients. They are very popular and almost everyone seems to enjoy them. That’s why they are relatively more expensive than other nuts. Although pistachios are not actually nuts, they are known as one of the most nutritious nuts you can find. In this short post, we are going to answer the question of can pregnant women eat pistachios and are pistachio good for you when pregnant?
Can pregnant women eat pistachios?
Unless you don’t have tree nut allergies, there is no reason you can’t enjoy pistachios. In fact, it is recommended that expecting mothers eat pistachios in moderate amounts to get the nutrition. Pistachios have lots of nutritious content in them that can be good for pregnant women and their babies. In the following, we’ll discuss some of the benefits pregnant women and expecting mothers can get from eating pistachios.
Benefits of pistachios for the body of pregnant women
Pistachios are great sources of vitamin B6, which is good for lowering the severity of morning sickness in pregnant women. Also, vitamin B6 is responsible for the development of the nervous system of your baby.
- Pistachios have vitamin B1 or thiamine, which is responsible for the development of the baby’s brain.
- Pistachios are also high in phosphorus which maintains bone density and bone mass. It also regulates heart activity, muscle contraction, and blood clotting.
- Pistachios can solve the iron deficiency of pregnant women.
- Pregnant women can prevent constipation by eating pistachio which contains high fiber amounts.
- Pistachios have lots of protein, that helps the development of muscles and tissues in babies.
- Pistachios contain monounsaturated fatty acids which consequently balance lipid levels.
- Pistachios strengthen the immune system through different vitamins, like vitamin E, Vitamin A, carotenes, and polyphenolic compounds.
- Pistachios help pregnant women to keep their red blood cells up with the copper they contain.
- Their anti-inflammatory properties help combat joint pain and swelling during pregnancy.
- Omega-3 in pistachios is responsible for facilitating brain development in babies.
In conclusion, if you are a lady who is pregnant and you’re doubting eating pistachios, please don’t. Because pistachios are awesome for your health and also for the health of your lovely baby!